Sunday, May 29, 2011

Shopping Is A Terror Trip Waiting to Happen

     I went shopping with my Mother over the last week and I'm going to tell you it was awful out there.  We went shopping at a walmart store just three days ago and I'm not sure if a return trap would be a good idea or not. We were almost run over by three customers who were in such a hurry one woman all but left her child behind, and if that wasn't bad enough we were almost both run over by one of walmart's suppliers that were walking with a stock cart from the stock room out on the floor.
    They are remodeling the walmart store in Canton Georgia (USA), and I'm telling you it is a farce and a half. My Husband and I had to go in there a two weeks ago and the place is like a maze. Of course there was never been one particular day in that particular walmart that was good because they are always moving things around there, but this time they are MOVING EVERYTHING, AND IT'S A MESS!!!!  I was run into by an employee moving stock out to the floor and when my Husband and Myself tried to get to a part of the store looking for flip flops we were blocked by two female employees who were so busy talking that they didn't even hear me say "Excuse Us.", not once but five times getting louder with each one. I finally went around another way only to find out that the two bimbos had decided to move into that ale I was coming down to let my Husband finally pass. I was furious, and none to nice about it
  either!!!!
      Just today I took my Mom to Bj's which is Georgia's (USA) version of Costco. When we walked into the store Mom, who is 78, was all but run over by three teens playing around with a cart and at the check out this woman behind her either couldn't or wouldn't wait for her to get done checking out with out trying to push her out of the way, and she was half her age!!!  All of these people were old enough to know what manners are, but apparently none of them were capable of showing them!!!   Now when it comes to the customers that are in the store with you, you pretty much are on your own, but the employees on the other hand, they represent the store and should be at their best behavior around the customers ALWAYS!!!!   If they don't really feel good, then they should be allowed to go home. There is nothing worse in my opinion than an employee who doesn't really what to be at work!!!
    Now I've worked in both the food industry and in retail, and I can tell you that you can get more tips or help more people buy things if you use your sweetest voice no matter how bad you feel. There will be sometimes when people will come in with a bad attitude, but if you ignore it and help them alot of times you can disarm someone whose in a bad mood. Now there are times that no matter what you do, an asshole is an asshole and they have no problems letting you know it. These are the one that the manager needs to handle. That's what they get paid the big bucks for, and in both of these businesses believe me THEY EARN EVERY CENT THEY GET!!!   But you see in most cases these people will never be fired for telling one of these assholes to take a hike.
     In closing there are two stores that I can say I have really enjoyed myself in. One is Target. The employees are helpful and always nice, the customers in both of these store are really nice to be around and at just about any Barnes and Noble it's alot like walking into a library where you can buy any book you want.  So far these are the only two I truly feel is a shopping experience and not a terror trip waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment